Fundamental Water Skills
SwimSafer Stage 2
General skill development including unassisted step entry into water, sculling, feet first surface dives, personal water safety skills as well as water safety in aquatic environments. Goal is to achieve 25 metres of continuous swimming.
Entries & Exits
- Perform a step-in entry.
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Demonstrate sculling in an upright position for 10 seconds with arms only.
- Demonstrate the ability to change direction on command.
- Search for and recover an object in chest deep water depth.
- Demonstrate a feet-first surface dive.
- 25m forward movement — Any stroke.
Survival & Activity skills
- Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt swim 15m.
- Demonstrate flotation survival technique for 1 minute.
- Correctly fit a PFD, jump into the water and swim for 5 meters and climb out of deep water.
- Water safety rules in various aquatic environments.