Personal Survival & Stroke Improvement Skills
Development of child’s stroke techniques is a focus here, along with coordinated breathing in deep water while swimming 100 metres. Principles of water craft safety will be introduced as well as continual work on rescue and personal survival skills.
Entries & Exits
- Enter water using a compact jump.
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Demonstrate a backward and forward somersault in the water.
- Search for and recover an object in 1.5 m of water depth.
- Demonstrate a feet-first surface dive.
- Swim 100m continuously
- 25m Front Crawl
- 25m Breaststroke
- 25m Backstroke
- 25m Survival Backstroke or Sidestroke
Survival & Activity skills
- Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate 3 minutes swimming slowly using any appropriate swim stroke, changing each minute
- Perform a throw rescue using an unweighted rope over a distance of 6m.
- Wade to a person and deliver a flotation aid in deep water.
- Approach in Ready position.
- Principles of water craft safety