SWIMSAFER STAGE 3
Personal & Stroke Development Skills
Principles of personal survival as well as basic rescue skills are taught. Skills include sculling, underwater skills and the use of personal flotation device. Goal is to achieve 50m of continuous swimming.
Entries & Exits
1. Stride / straddle entry.
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Scull headfirst on back, 5m.
- Scull, float or tread for 50 secs (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills).
1. Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 2m.
Movement / Swimming / Strokes
Swim 50m continuously:
- 25m front crawl, and 25m backstroke.
- Swim 25m Breaststroke and 25m Survival Backstroke (performed in Sequence in 3A).
Survival & Activity Skills
- Scull, float or tread water for 50 sec.
Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate:
- Swim 25m using survival backstroke or survival breaststroke to a PFD.
- Correctly fit a PFD in water, swim 50m with PFD, then climb out of the water.
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival.
- Environmental Awareness.
- Health Awareness.
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques.
Input the main text content for your module here.